In addition, you may enter the personal information of other individuals into WorkflowMax, such as clients, contacts and suppliers. This support centre article explains how to manage both your own personal data and that of others entered into WorkflowMax.
- To manage personal information that WorkflowMax has about you
How do you use the personal data I add into WorkflowMax?
Please see the Xero Privacy notice for full details on our use of your personal data.
What personal data do you hold on me at WorkflowMax?
To request your personal data held in WorkflowMax, please contact our support team.
Can I correct or update my personal details?
You can update most of your own personal data held in WorkflowMax from within the application as follows.
Click your organisation name at the left-hand end of the WorkflowMax menu bar, and select Portal.
- On the My Portal screen, click Edit Profile to see and edit your name and email address.
Staff can view their own data record by going to Business > Settings > Staff. If they don’t have access to this area, someone who has the Administrator Admin privilege will need to obtain or update this data on their behalf.
Can I change the ways you use my personal data?
If you wish to be removed from the WorkflowMax marketing list, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any WorkflowMax email communication and follow the instructions. Alternatively, please contact our support team, confirming you would like to be removed from our marketing database or the ways you wish your personal data not to be used.
How can I stop automated decisions based on my personal data held in WorkflowMax?
WorkflowMax does not make, or plan to make, automated decisions based solely on your personal data.
Can I export my personal data?
You can export your personal data held in the WorkflowMax system into a portable (computer readable) form.
To export the personal data in your user account:
- Go to the Business > Subscription > Export tab.
- Click Export. This will email you a ZIP file, in XML format, that contains all the data from your account.
- When you receive the WorkflowMax Export email, click the link to download your data file.
- Double-click on the downloaded ZIP file, then double-click on the XML file personalInformation.xml to see a full extract of the personal information we hold about you.
- To manage personal information about others (your clients, contacts and suppliers)
The Account holder is responsible for servicing requests for personal data relating to their clients, contacts and suppliers. This may be about data held, corrections to data or deletion of data. WorkflowMax provides functionality to assist with the servicing of these requests. A reply to the contact letting them know that you have completed their request should be made within 30 days of verifying their identity.
WorkflowMax may not be the only system where you hold personal data on the contact. You may need to follow similar steps in other systems, and adjust your response to the contact as applicable.
How do I manage a data rectification request?
If you receive a data rectification request from a contact, you can update their information as requested then reply to the contact to confirm that their request has been completed.
How do I manage a data portability or subject access request?
To report on clients and contacts or suppliers:
- Go to Reports > Report Builder > Report Builder.
- In the Report Type drop-down list, select Client & Contact or Supplier & Contact and click Create.
- Specify the data fields you require and Save the report.
- Export the report in CSV or XML format.
How do I respond to manage a personal data erasure request from a contact?
To delete client or supplier data:
- Select Clients or Business > Suppliers and drill into the name of the client or supplier you wish to delete.
- Open the Notes or Documents tab.
- In the Options drop-down on the left of the screen, select Delete Client or Delete Supplier and confirm deletion.
The client’s name will be deleted only if they do not have a quote, invoice or job assigned to them (and a supplier will not be deleted from any purchase order documents), otherwise they will still be linked to these notes or documents. Deleted clients will no longer appear in the client list or in any reports.
How do I manage an objection or a restrict processing request?
If you receive an objection of processing or restriction of processing request from a contact, you first need to understand the nature of the request. A common objection is to the sending of marketing materials, which is not linked to the contact’s use within WorkflowMax and instead may require you to take action in another system.
If the request is an objection to holding their contact details in WorkflowMax, see the data erasure section above for details of how to prevent their personal data being processed in future. Once the steps have been followed, reply to the contact to confirm that their request has been completed.
An objection or a request to restrict processing does not require you to amend or delete records that must be maintained by law.
How do I manage an automated data processing objection?
If you receive an automated processing objection request from a contact, you can reply to reassure them that this does not apply in WorkflowMax. There are no current features within WorkflowMax that subject contacts to any solely automated processing decisions, including profiling.
If you have any questions about the privacy or use of your data in WorkflowMax, please contact our support team.
As WorkflowMax is a Xero company, please go to the Xero Privacy notice for further details on the processing of personal data that you enter into WorkflowMax.