- The iOS app looks like it has a lot more functionality than the Android version, why is this?
We launched the iOS app in early 2016 and it has had a more time to accumulate feedback from customers and proceed to the next stages of development. We have a similar roadmap for Android and we’re confident it will catch up. However, we don’t plan to stop development on iOS in the meantime!
- What other features can we expect this year?
We’ve got an exciting development plan in place for mobile, mainly based on your feedback. Not in any particular order, we’re planning:
- Create/edit Jobs/Clients
- Manage (see/create/edit) Purchase Orders
- Manage (see/create/edit) Quotes
- Why is the WorkflowMax app listed under Xero’s account?
WorkflowMax is a Xero product.
- Why can't I allocate staff to a task?
Once tasks have been added to a job, those tasks are visible in that job's information screen. However, in the mobile app, staff can be allocated to the job's tasks only if your Organisation settings are set as follows:
- Task Invoice Rate = Task Billable Rate
- Time Allocation = Task.
Currently, this restriction applies only to the mobile app. In the desktop app, staff can be allocated to a job's tasks regardless of the Task Invoice Rate and Time Allocation settings.
If Time Allocation is subsequently changed to Staff, any existing staff task allocations become view only, and no further tasks can be allocated to staff in the mobile app.
- I want to record time against a task - why can't I see that task in the Add time screen?
Once a task has been added to a job, that task will appear in the job's information screen. The Organisation setting Staff Task Allocation controls which tasks you can record time against. If it's set to:
- Explicit, you can record time against only those tasks that have been specifically allocated to you.
- Inherit from Job, you can record time against any task that has been specifically allocated to you. You can also record time against any tasks that are not allocated to other staff members.
Also, you won't be able to record time against a task if the task has been flagged () as completed.