There are some jobs that will appear in the WIPWork In Progress in WorkflowMax is all uninvoiced staff time and disbursements recorded on client jobs. list in the WIP Manager that you may want to remove. For example:
- ‘Internal’ (non-billable) jobs and other jobs that will never be invoiced out.
- Jobs with very small amounts of WIP, which you may choose not to invoice out to the client.
- Jobs where you know the client will never pay, and the value of the work done must be written off.
If you have WorkflowMax Premium, you can also remove a job from Work in Progress directly from within the job itself, by using the Remove from Invoice List button. For details, see Recurring monthly billing and non-WIP jobs.
Removing the jobs
To remove one or more jobs from the WIP Manager:
- Select Business > Work in Progress and open the List tab.
- Use the checkboxes to select one or more jobs.
- Select Remove.
- (optional) In the Remove dialog, choose the job state that you want the jobs to be changed to after they have been removed. For example you may want to change the job state to Completed, or Cancelled, or you may have a custom job state you want to use. If you do not select a job state, the jobs will remain in whatever job state they are currently in.
- Select Remove.
- WorkflowMax confirms that the jobs have been removed from WIP
- any un-invoiced entries will be written off, and
- the job state will be updated if you selected one.
Reinstating written off WIP
You can reinstate all of a job's written-off WIP – should you ever need to – by using the Undo WIP Write-Off’ option on the Financial tab of the selected job.