If you want to change the branding theme of your printed and emailed documents (including invoices, quotes and more), you can create your own custom branded print templates.
You can use custom print templates to give greater flexibility of layout and content than the predefined branding theme in the System Default templates, which are available as standard in all WorkflowMax accounts.
What are custom print templates?
WorkflowMax print templates are Microsoft Word .docx documents that contain a combination of text, tables, images and merge fields Merge fields are a special feature of Microsoft Word, which act as placeholders for data that will be imported into a document from an external data source. For example, the WorkflowMax sample invoice template contains the <<ClientBillingAddress>> merge field. When you use the template to print an invoice, the <<ClientBillingAddress>> merge field is replaced by the client's billing address that is stored in the invoice you're printing. . A custom print template can be developed from scratch (starting with an empty document) or based on a suitable sample template that already contains relevant information.
When to use custom print templates
With template branding, you can set up multiple templates to use in different situations. For example:
- If you run more than one business under the same company structure, when you print your invoices, quotes, purchase orders, job briefs, statements or tax letters you can choose the appropriate templates.
- If some clients require more time sheet details on their invoices, you can build a custom print template specifically for that purpose.
- If you want to include multiple pages of preamble or terms and conditions as part of a larger proposal for each of your quotes, then a custom print template is the answer.
- If you want to create client engagement letters or deed documents that can be printed as job briefs from each of your jobs.
- If you need to print a different currency symbol, such as Euro (€), GBP (£), Yen (¥), you can use the required symbol in your custom print template. See the currency in WorkflowMax article for details of how WorkflowMax can handle multiple currencies.
You can set up and edit your own custom print templates as you work through this free, self-paced online course.
Learning about custom print templates
Learn about our free self-paced "Developing custom print templates" course - and then register your place!
Build a custom print template
- About building a custom print template
- Choose a print template to customise
- Customise a print template
- Make a custom print template available for use
Working with custom print templates
- Copy a custom print template
- Deactivate or reactivate a custom print template
- Delete a custom print template
- Edit a custom print template
- Use a custom print template
More to explore...
- Merge field reference - custom fields in custom print templates
- Merge field reference - learn which data fields (Word merge fields) are available in each type of template