If you want to record time against a job A job is the overall project that you or your organisation works on for a client. , the job must contain at least one task.
Before you begin
Before you can add a task to a job template:
- the job template must exist. For further details, see Create a job template.
- the task must exist. For further details, see Create a task.
Add a task
To add a task to a job template:
- In the Business menu, select Settings > Job Settings > Job Template tab.
- Drill down on the name of the template that you wish to add the task to.
- On the Edit Job Template screen, select New Task.
- On the New Job Template Task screen, add information about the task. For more information about each the fields, see the Data fields reference section below.
- Save your changes.
Data fields reference
The name of the task that you wish to add to the job. Select the task from the drop-down list.
A label In WorkflowMax tasks, a label allows you to use the same task multiple times. The label is automatically appended to the task name. For example, in a specific job, designs are required for a brochure, flyer and a handbook. So, a label can be used to identify the Design task for each item: "Design - Brochure", "Design - Flyer" and "Design - Handbook". to provide a name for a sub-task.
|Label Description||A description of the sub-task identified by the label.|
The expected time required to complete the task (hr:min). You can modify this default time, if required, once a job has been created with the job template.
You can enter the time as hr:min (for example: 7:30) or as decimal 7.5 (7 ½ hours in both cases). The decimal value is converted automatically to minutes.
|Folder||Use the folder field to group all related tasks together. Type a folder name, as required.|
Indicates if the task is to be included in billable work. Select the checkbox if work on the task is to be billed, leave it clear if it's not billable.
|To-do||A list of items that need to be performed to complete the task. Type in a to-do item name and select Add. Add as many items as required.|