Using the Report builder you can:
- Build and run custom reports in table (column) format, or in bar chart, pie chart or monthly summary format.
- Share custom reports with other staff members (and they can share their reports with you).
- Create custom data exports from scratch or from a sample report.
- Learn about reporting in WorkflowMax
Reporting in WorkflowMax (28 min 12sec.)
Watch the above video for details of all the reporting features in WorkflowMax or register for our free, self-paced online course. The course covers the same material as the video, but in five convenient lessons. Each lesson has straightforward practical exercises so that you can explore the reporting options covered.
Learn about our free self-paced Reporting course - and then register your place!
Report Builder features
The Report Builder comprises three tabs and a button.
- My reports tab
The My reports tab lists reports that you have:
- created from a sample report or from scratch
- been given access to by the staff member who created them.
To make one of your custom reports appear on the My reports tab, in the Report Designer you need to include yourself in the list of staff members who can view the report.
To change the content or filter criteria of one of your reports listed on your My reports tab, use the Report Designer to make the changes to the original report in the Custom reports tab. Once you save the changes, they will be available in the copy of the report in the My reports tab. For details, see Edit a custom report.
To provide quick access to the reports you use often, select the star to the left of a report name to make that report appear in the Favourites section of your Reports menu.
- Custom reports tab
The Custom reports tab allows you to find existing custom reports and edit them in the Report Designer.
For further details of the available options for filtering the list of custom reports, see Edit a custom report.
To sort the reports displayed on the Custom reports tab, simply click the column header text. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.
The Last Used column may show a dash rather than a date for some reports. This is because it is a new data item and has not yet been updated.
- Samples tab
The Samples tab lists the WorkflowMax sample reports that you can use unmodified, or as the starting point for creating a new custom report.
- New report button
The New report button lets you create new custom reports from scratch. However, it's much easier to use the Report Designer to create custom reports from the Samples tab.
For further details of the available reporting data fields, see Report builder data field reference.
Building custom reports
- About building a custom report
- Build a custom report from a sample
- Build a custom table report from scratch
- Build a custom bar chart from scratch
- Build a custom pie chart from scratch
- Build a custom monthly summary report from scratch
Working with custom reports
- Change access to a custom report
- Copy a custom report
- Delete a custom report
- Edit a custom report
- Run a custom report