When you add costs to a quote or estimate, you have the choice of adding items from the Cost Admin database In WorkflowMax, the costs of the products, materials or recurring expenses that you typically use while working on a job can be stored in the Cost Admin database (at Business > Settings > Costs). When you are working on an estimate, quote or job you can quickly access a cost from the database, simply by typing its name in the description field (on the cost information screen). (Business > Settings > Costs) or adding completely new cost items.
These new cost items are not stored in the Cost Admin database, unless:
- you use the following instructions to add them, or
- the Organisation settings checkbox When adding a cost to a job, also add the cost to Cost Admin is selected. In this case, cost items are added automatically to the Cost Admin database when you add them to the quote or estimate.
Once the cost items are in the Cost Admin database, you can use them easily in any quote/estimate.
To add cost items from the current quote or estimate to the Cost Admin database:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filter A filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- Drill down on the number of the quote/estimate you wish to work with.
- On the quote/estimate information screen, select Options > Add Costs to Cost Admin and confirm. All the costs listed in the Costs section of the quote/estimate are added to the Cost Admin database.