For tracking and reporting purposes, it is very helpful to have every quote or estimate recorded in the Lead Manager, even if the quote or estimate did not start out as a lead A lead is a possible sale opportunity for a prospective client (a prospect) or an existing client. .
This feature allows you to retrospectively create a lead from a quote or estimate.
The lead is linked to the original quote/estimate through the lead information screen Quotes tab.
If you need to create leads from all current and draft quotes or estimates, see Import leads from quote manager.
Creating a lead from an existing quote/estimate
To create a lead from an existing quote/estimate:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filter A filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. . If the quote/estimate has already been made into a job, you'll find it in the Quote Manager archive.
- Drill down on the number of the quote/estimate you wish to work with.
- On the quote/estimate information screen, select Options > Create Lead from Quote or Create Lead from Estimate and confirm:
- The quote/estimate/job name is used as the name of the new lead.
- The State of the lead is set to Current.
- The lead information screen is displayed.
- On the lead information screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Add a note about this lead Information about the lead. Type the note details and select Add Note. The note text is added under the Lead History section of the screen.