You can create a new job template A job template can contain a pre-defined set of tasks, to-do items, milestones and disbursements. By providing a standardised job structure, job templates can save you time when you need to set up jobs of a similar type that occur on a regular basis. by saving an existing quote or estimate:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filter A filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- Click on the number of the quote you wish to save as a job template.
- On the quote information screen, select Options > Save Quote as Template or Save Estimate as Template.
- On the New Job Template screen, enter the information about the job. You can find more information about the fields in the Data fields reference section below.
The name of the current quote is shown in the Template Name field – you can change it if required.
- Save your changes. The new job template is saved (including milestone, task and cost information from the current job) and you are returned to the quote information screen.
- When you are ready, edit the new job template to make any additional changes you require. For details, see Edit a job template.
Data fields reference
The template name should describe the type of job. For example: Rebranding job, Website design, Kitchen installation.
|The description will be displayed in the Description field on the New Job screen when you select the template. It can be as detailed as you wish.
|A job category Job categories are primarily a way to group various types of jobs (or tracking categories in Xero) together for reporting and viewing purposes. Whenever a job is invoiced, the information specified in the category, such as Xero Tracking Category, Income Account and Cost of Sale Account, is brought across in the invoices that flow through to your accounting system. , if required.
One or more default folders Folders allow you to organise your job tasks, milestones, costs, notes or documents into logical groups for costing, reporting and management purposes, providing you with greater visibility and context. Folders are specific to each job, so if you create folders for one job they will not be available to another job. Job templates can contain folders and those folders can be pre-populated with selected tasks, costs and milestones. , if required. Insert a comma (,) between folder names. Folder names will be displayed in alphabetical order on the job detail screen.
|Job Costs are
The type of costs (Estimated or Actual) that will be added to the job when the template is used.