When you create a new quote or estimate, you can base it on a job template, which provides a number of tasks and costs. However, you can add more tasks and costs to the job by applying additional templates later on.
You can apply additional templates to draft quotes/estimates only.
To apply additional templates to a draft quote/estimate:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
- On the Quote Manager screen, select the Draft tab.
- Click the quote/estimate you want to apply another template to.
- On the quote/estimate information screen, select Options > Apply Additional Templates.
- On the Apply Additional Templates screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Template A list of available job templates. Select one or more templates to apply to the current quote/estimate. Tasks
The way that the tasks in the selected templates will be added to the current quote/estimate depends on whether the task already appears in the quote/estimate:
- If a task is not already included in the quote/estimate, it is simply added to the list of tasks.
- If a task is already included in the quote/estimate, select one of the following options to control how duplicate tasks are handled:
- Add additional tasks to the quote/estimate. For example, if Task A (with 10 hours estimated time) is already in the quote/estimate and an additional template also contains Task A (but with 20 hours estimated time), the quote/estimate will show both Task A (10) and Task A (20) as separate tasks.
- Append to existing tasks on the quote/estimate. Using the two tasks from the previous example, the quote/estimate will combine the time estimates and show a single Task A (30).
- Save your changes.