Once a quote or estimate has been reviewed by your client – but not accepted – you may wish to record that it has been declined.
For details on how to revise a quote or estimate so that you can adjust it then re-submit it to the client, see Revise a quote or estimate.
To decline a quote or estimate:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filter A filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- On the quote manager screen, select the Issued or Expired tab.
- Click the number of the quote or estimate you wish to decline.
- On the quote/estimate information screen, select Declined. The declined quote/estimate is archived.
- If the quote/estimate relates to an existing job for the client, it is shown in the Quotes/Estimates section of the job's Financial tab.
- If there was no related job, the Quote Manager screen is displayed.