An easy way to create a new quote or estimate is to copy an existing one. You can then change existing details, and add new ones.
To create a new quote or estimate by copying an existing one:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select a filter A filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- Click on the number of the quote you wish to copy.
- On the information screen, select Options > Copy Quote or Copy Estimate.
- On the New Quote or New Estimate screen, edit the information to reflect your new quote or estimate.
- Save your changes. The new quote or estimate is saved and the information screen is displayed to allow you to add or edit further details.
- Add tasks, costs and options, as required.
- Check that the information shown is correct, then save as draft, issue, or issue and accept.
Once a quote or estimate has been issued, the financial details it contains cannot be changed.
Data fields reference
The name of the client that the quote or estimate is for. If necessary, select the client name from the drop-down list.
Name of the contact person at the selected client. Select a contact person, as required.
The name you will use to identify this quote or estimate, and if it is accepted, job.
The name is duplicated from the original quote or estimate, so you may wish to change that before saving the new copy.
Job description. This will flow through to the job if the quote or estimate is accepted.
You can use this field to note the budget figure that you discussed with the client.
The date of the quote estimate. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
The date that the quote or estimate is valid to. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
Quotes/estimates are normally valid for 28 days, but you can change this in Organisation Settings > Valid For (Days).
Details of any options that the client may need to consider when accepting the quote or estimate. The text you enter here will appear as the introduction to the Options section.