Once a quote or estimate has been accepted, and a job created based on it, you can’t edit it if changes are required. However, you can create a new quote estimate for the job and incorporate any changes you need. The new quote or estimate replaces the original one.
You can also create a quote or estimate from a lead in the Quote Manager.
To create a new quote estimate for an existing job:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- In the Job Manager screen, click on the job you want to create a new quote or estimate for.
- On the Financial tab, select New Quote or New Estimate.
- On the estimate detail screen, select Edit Quote or Edit Estimate.
- On the edit screen, enter the information about your new estimate or quote.
- Save to save your changes.
- Check the Pricing Mode and Tax fields are correct.
- On the estimate detail screen, deselect any items that you do not wish to include in this estimate.
Take care! You will not be able to invoice for any items you remove from the estimate, so deselect only those items that you will never want to bill for.
- Add tasks, costs and options, as required.
- Check that the information you entered is correct, then save as a draft, issue, or issue and accept.
Once a quote or estimate has been issued, the financial details it contains cannot be changed.
Data fields reference
The name of the client that the estimate is for. The name is copied from the original job, as it's likely that the new estimate is for the original client.
It is possible to change the client name when editing the estimate. This changes the client name in the original job, so take extreme care.
Name of the contact person at the selected client. Select a contact person, as required.
The name you will use to identify this estimate, and if it is accepted, job.
Job description. This will flow through to the job if the estimate is accepted.
You can use this field to note the budget figure that you discussed with the client.
The date of the quote. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
The date that the estimate is valid to. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
Estimates are normally valid for 28 days, but you can change this in Organisation Settings > Valid For (Days).
Details of any options that the client may need to consider when accepting the estimate. The text you enter here will appear as the introduction to the Options section of the estimate.