The Supplier Manager Search feature allows you to find a supplier by typing in any part of the supplier's name.
It searches within the currently selected category:
- all suppliers (the default category), or
- suppliers whose name starts with a number (123), or
- suppliers whose name starts with a specific letter (A-Z).
To search for a specific supplier:
- In the Business menu, select Suppliers.
- On the Supplier Manager screen, select the Suppliers or Archive tab, as required.
If you are dealing with a large number of suppliers, you might archive those suppliers that you use infrequently. Archived suppliers no longer appear in the Supplier drop-down list, making it easier to select a supplier when you are creating a purchase order, for example.
- If required, limit the scope of the search by selecting a search category: All, 123 or A–Z.
- In the Search field, type any part of the required supplier's name.
The search is not case sensitive, so typing smith will find smith, Smith, Smithers and Goldsmith.
- Select Search. All supplier names that contain the text you typed will be displayed.