To create a final invoice for miscellaneous costsCreate an invoice for miscellaneous costs when you need to invoice a client for work that is not directly related to a specific job, such as a monthly retainer. :
- In the Business menu, select Invoices > + New > New Final Invoice.
- On the New Final Invoice screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Client The name of the client that you wish to produce the invoice for. Select the required client from the drop-down list. Contact The client contact person that the invoice will be sent to. This person's name will appear in the invoice. [invoice type]
The invoice type. Select Miscellaneous Invoice to invoice the client for specific tasks or costs.
- On the New invoice screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Contact
The client contact person for this invoice. Select the required person or click into the field and Add a new contact.
Invoice date. Can be changed to Yesterday, Today (default), Tomorrow, End of last month, End of this month or you can pick another date from the drop-down calendar.
The date the invoice is to be paid by. Can be changed to Today, 20th of next month, End of next month or you can pick another date from the drop-down calendar.
If the client has been allocated a Client Type, the Due date is calculated from the Payment Terms set there. If no Client Type is allocated, the Due date is calculated from the Payment Terms set in Organisation Settings > Invoice settings.
If you plan to send the invoice now, select the checkbox to mark it as sent. If you plan to send the invoice later, select the checkbox at that time.
The pricing method to use for prices in the invoice. Prices are calculated depending on the Invoice Type you selected earlier.
- Select Calculated price if you want to use the deposit amount shown.
- Select Fixed price if you want to specify the price directly for the deposit amount.
For further details about how Pricing mode works, see Fixed price quoting and invoicing.
The total checkbox (at right) indicates which billable items to include in the invoice for each folder or group of tasks/costs. The checkbox has four display options:
- (default) Select to include all items in this group in the invoice
- Deselect to include no items in this group in the invoice
- There are currently some items in this group to include in the invoice
- There are currently no items in this group.
Each individual group of tasks and costs also has its own total checkbox (to the left of the Name heading). This lets you quickly select (or deselect) a group of tasks or costs to include in the invoice.
The tax type and rate to apply to each billable amount in the invoice. If you have more than one rate set up, select the required rate. Tax names and rates are set in Organisation Settings > Financial settings.
- Add tasks or costs, as required:
- Check that the information shown is correct, then do one of the following.
Button Description Approve
Allocates an invoice number and changes the invoice status to Awaiting Payment. Once an invoice has been approved, its financial details cannot be changed.
Approve and print
Same result as Approve, but also displays the Print Invoice screen. Once an invoice has been approved, its financial details cannot be changed.
Options > Edit Opens the Edit Invoice screen to change basic (non-financial) details of the invoice. You can also use the edit link to open the Edit Invoice screen. Options > Delete
Deletes the current draft invoice. You might use this option if you found errors and wanted to start again.
There are significant differences between cancelling and deleting an invoice in WorkflowMax.
Options > Cancel
Option available for approved invoices only. Cancelling an approved invoice removes the invoice from WorkflowMax and voids the invoice in Xero, if you are using the Xero integration. Cancelling an invoice also leaves details of the invoice in the Financial tab of the job.
More to explore...
- Cancel or delete an invoice - For further details about the differences between cancelling and deleting an invoice.