You will normally mark an invoice as sent immediately before you actually send it out.
Marking an invoice as sent does not actually send it to the client, but simply displays a in the Sent column in the Invoice Manager screen. This makes it easy to see which invoices have been sent out.
You can mark an invoice as sent only after it has been approved.
To mark an invoice as sent after the invoice has been approved:
- In the Business menu, select Invoices.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- Select the required tab: Awaiting Payment or Overdue.
- Use the checkbox to the left of the invoice number to select one or more invoices. The Mark as Sent button becomes active.
- Mark as Sent. The selected invoices are marked as sent with a in the Sent column.
- Unmark an invoice as sent - you may decide not to send an invoice, even though you have marked it as sent. In this case, you can unmark it as sent to remove the