You can set up a description that will be used by default for progress invoices that are for:
- lump sum payments, or
- percentage payments for job deposits.
To create a description that will be used by default for future progress invoices:
- In the main menu, select Business > Settings > Costs > + Add Cost.
- On the New Cost screen, in the Description field, type the text you wish to use as the default description for progress invoices.
- In the Unit Cost and Unit Price fields, type 0 (you will provide correct values in the invoices you create later).
- In the Code field, type one of the following code values:
- PROGRESS-INVOICE (the description will be used for all progress invoices based on a lump sum)
- PERCENTAGE-INVOICE (the description will be used for all progress (deposit) invoices based on a percentage of the originally quoted value for the job).
- Save your changes.