If you have sufficient access permission, you can change all aspects of a time sheet entry including the date, time, job, task, note and even delete the time entry altogether.
You cannot edit a time sheet entry that has been invoiced.
To edit a time sheet entry:
- Select Business > Timesheets.
- In the Time Sheets screen, if necessary, use the calendar on the left to select the week when the time was worked.
- Select the member of staff.
- In the Staff Time Sheet screen, select the date that the time was entered.
- In the job information screen, Time Sheet tab, provide the following information, as required:
Field Description Date
The date that the Time (below) was worked (today's date is the default). Type the date directly or use the small calendar to the right of the Date field to select the required date.
Staff The staff member who worked the time. Select the required staff member from the drop-down list of staff allocated to the job. Task The specific task in the selected job that the time will be recorded against. By default, tasks are displayed in the drop-down list in alphabetical order of task name. Tasks can be displayed in the order they occur in the job by changing the Organisation Settings > Task Order setting. Time
The time spent working on the selected job/task.
You can enter the time as hr:min (for example: 7:30) or as decimal 7.5 (7 ½ hours in both cases). The decimal value is converted automatically to minutes. By default, the time is not rounded, but it can be rounded to the nearest five minutes (or other values) by changing the Organisation Settings > Round up to Nearest Minute setting.
You can enter a maximum of 24 hours for any one time sheet entry. If a task has taken more than 24 hours to complete, you need to split the time into the hours worked in each day.
By default, time is input as the overall number of hours worked (duration). For daily input, this can be changed to using a start and finish time by changing the Organisation Settings > Entry Mode setting.
Notes Any notes or comments about the time sheet entry.
- Save your changes. The time sheet information you have entered is displayed at the bottom of the screen.