Before you begin
Before you make any changes to an existing custom print template, you should consider making a backup copy of the template in case you wish to revert to the original copy. You can do this in two ways:
- Simply duplicate the .docx file immediately after you download it to your computer (you will then have the only backup copy), or
- Copy a custom print template (the backup copy will be available to other users in your WorkflowMax account).
Editing the template
To make changes to an existing custom print template, you need to complete the following three tasks:
1. Download the template from WorkflowMax to your computer
To download a custom print template:
- In the Business menu, select Settings > Custom Templates.
- On the Custom Templates screen, Templates tab, select the template you wish to download.
- At the bottom of the Edit ... Template screen, click Download Template. The template .docx file is downloaded to your computer. Leave the Edit ... Template screen open - you'll need to use it again shortly
- Note the location of the downloaded file so that you can easily find it again.
- (optional) make a backup copy of the downloaded file.
2. Customise the template
Make the changes you require to the template. You may wish to follow the instructions in the article: Customise a print template.
3. Upload the modified template to WorkflowMax
To upload the modified custom print template:
- At the bottom of the Edit ... Template screen, click the Choose File button. select the template file you just modified and click Open.
- Save your changes. The .docx file is uploaded and stored in WorkflowMax.