If two duplicate progress invoices have been sent out, creating a credit note is the best way to make the necessary correction in WorkflowMax.
To create a credit note for a duplicate progress invoice:
- In the Business menu, select Invoices > +New > New Progress Invoice.
- On the New Progress Invoice screen, select your Client and (if required) Contact. Make sure that Job Invoice is selected, and click Next.
- On the New Progress Invoice screen:
- Select Actual Time and Costs.
- Change the Date if required (today's date is used automatically).
- Select the job (or jobs) that you wish to create the credit note for.
- Click Next.
- On the New Invoice screen, in the Costs section, select Add cost.
- On the New Invoice Cost screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Description
For a credit note, use the description to provide details of the reason for the credit note. For example: Credit for duplicate invoice #Inv0015360.
For a credit note this value needs to be a negative quantity. Highlight the Quantity field and type -1.
This cost is not used when producing a credit note, so the value can be zero.
The amount shown in this field will be used to cancel out the amount charged to the client in the duplicate invoice. This is the pre-tax amount, so do not include tax in this price. WorkflowMax will calculate the correct tax amount, based on the value you select in the Tax drop-down list.
This reference code is not required for a credit note. Leave the Code field blank.
Make sure the Billable checkbox is selected so that the costs in the credit note can cancel out the costs in the duplicate invoice.
The tax name and rate to apply to the credit note. Select the same rate that was applied to the duplicate invoice.
Any comments or notes relating to the credit note.
- Save your changes.
- On the New Invoice screen, click Approve. The credit note is created and allocated the next available invoice number.
- On the Business > Invoices > Awaiting Payment tab:
- Use the checkbox to the left of the invoice number to select the credit note you have just created.
- Click Mark as Paid. This will move it from the Awaiting Payment list into the invoice archive.