You can edit cost items on purchase orders while the purchase order is still in Draft state.
You might need to do this when you are:
- creating a purchase order, and accidentally include incorrect item details
- copying a purchase order (to create a new one), and wish to change item details for the new purchase order.
To edit a purchase order cost item:
- On the Purchase Order Information screen, drill down on the description of the cost item you wish to edit.
- (Bulk purchase orders only) On the Edit Purchase Order Cost screen, select the required job from the Job drop-down list, as required.
- On the Edit Purchase Order Cost screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Description
Description of the item whose cost is to be included in the purchase order. The text you type is matched against the cost items, stored in the Cost Admin database (Business > Settings > Costs), so that you can select one of these items if you wish.
Alternatively, you can just type in details of a new cost item (which is added to the purchase order but not to the Cost Admin database). Any new cost items added to the purchase order in this way will be added to the job when the purchase order is receipted.
Quantity The number of items required. This could be a simple count of the number of items or a number of units (10 metres of cable, for example). Unit Cost The expected cost per item. Code The supplier's or manufacturer's code for the item. Tax The tax rate to apply to the item. This must match the value selected in the Tax field for the whole purchase order, unless it is set to zero for the item specifically. Notes Any notes you wish to include on the purchase order for this item.
- Save your changes.