It is not possible to remove a staff member from a job when:
- they have been allocated time towards a task in that job, and
- one or more other staff have also been allocated time towards that task.
This is because the total time allocated to all of the staff on the job must equal the estimated time for the task. If you have two staff members with 10 hours allocated each, the total estimate time must be 20 hours. If you remove one staff member, the total estimated time (20 hours) would no longer be the same as the time allocated to the remaining staff member (10 hours).
To resolve this issue, zero the time allocation to the staff member you wish to remove before removing them from the job.
To remove a staff member from multiple jobs:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs > Options > Remove Staff.
- On the Remove Staff from Jobs screen, select the staff member from the Remove drop-down list.
- Select the jobs that you wish to remove the staff member from.
- Save your changes. A message is displayed:
- confirming that the staff member has been removed from the selected jobs, or
- listing any jobs that the staff member cannot be removed from.