Before you begin
Before you can assign an email message as a job note, the email must be in your Collaboration Manager intray. To view or set the Collaboration Manager email address, see the article on the collaboration manager.
You can assign a note Notes can be stored directly against clients, jobs and job tasks, so you no longer have to hunt around for sticky notes or scrap pieces of paper. Everyone who can see the client, the job or the task will be able to see the notes against it, streamlining collaboration within your team. to a job only if you have the General Privileges > Collaboration Manager privilege selected.
Assigning an email message
To assign an email message (and any attached documents) as a note to a job:
- In the Jobs menu, select Collaboration.
- In the Collaboration Manager screen (Email tab), Assign To drop-down list, select Job.
- In the Job/Lead/Quote drop-down list, select the job number of the job that you wish to assign the note to.
- Select one or more email messages to assign to the job.
- Assign. The message (or messages) are added as notes to the selected job.