Before you begin
Before you can assign an email message as a quote or estimate note, the email must be in your Collaboration Manager intray. To view or set the Collaboration Manager email address, see Configure the collaboration manager.
You can assign a note to a quote or estimate only if you have the General Privileges > Collaboration Manager privilege selected.
Assign an email message
To assign an email message (and any attached documents) as a note to a quote or estimate:
- In the Jobs menu, select Collaboration.
- In the Collaboration Manager screen (Email tab), Assign To drop-down list, select Quote.
- In the Job/Lead/Quote drop-down list, select the quote or estimate that you wish to assign the note to.
- Select one or more email messages to assign to the quote or estimate.
- Assign. The message (or messages) are added as notes to the selected quote or estimate.