Quotes can be created from scratch in the Quote Manager or in the Client Manager.
Estimates can only be created from the Quote Manager.
- Open the New Quote screen:
- Using the Quote Manager
- In the Business menu, select Quotes > + New > New Quote or New Estimate.
- Using the Client Manager (quotes only)
- In the main menu, select Clients.
- In the Client Manager screen, click on the name of the client you wish to create a quote for.
- On the client detail screen, select + New > Quote.
- Using the Quote Manager
- On the New Quote or New Estimate screen, fill in the details about who and what the quote or estimate is for.
- Next to save your changes. The detail screen is displayed.
- On the detail screen, check the pricing mode and tax details.
- Add tasks, costs and options, as required. You can use folders to organise your quote or estimate into phases.
- Check that the information shown is correct, then save as draft, issue, or issue and accept.
Once a quote or estimate has been issued, the financial details it contains cannot be changed.
Data fields reference
New Quote or Estimate screen
The name of the client that the quote or estimate is for. If necessary, select the client name from the drop-down list.
Name of the contact person at the selected client. Select a contact person, as required.
Job template name. Select a job template from the drop-down list, if you wish to use one.
The name you will use to identify this quote or estimate, and if it is accepted, job.
Job description. This will flow through to the job if the quote or estimate is accepted.
You can use this field to note the budget figure that you discussed with the client.
The date of the quote or estimate. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
The date that the quote or estimate is valid to. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
Quotes and estimates are normally valid for 28 days, but you can change this in Organisation Settings > Valid For (Days).
Details of any options that the client may need to consider when accepting the quote or estimate. The text you enter here will appear as the introduction to the Options section of the quote.
Quote or estimate detail screen
The pricing method used for prices on this quote or estimate. The option you select here will become the default Pricing Mode when invoicing the client.
Prices are calculated from the estimated time and applicable billable rates (for tasks) and the quantity and unit price (for costs).
The tax type and rate to apply to costs in the quote or estimate. If you have more than one rate set up, select the required rate. For details, see Organisation Settings > Financial settings.
- Accept a quote or estimate
- Print, email, or export quotes or estimates
- Apply additional templates to a quote or estimate
- Change a quote to an estimate (or an estimate to a quote)
- Add or edit a cost in the cost admin database
- Copy a quote or estimate
- Delete a quote or estimate
- Save a quote or estimate as a job template
- Create a lead from a quote or estimate