Use these instructions to export the information contained in an invoice to another application such as QuickBooks 2010, MoneyWorks or MYOB.
Use these instructions only if you have never connected your WorkflowMax account to Xero. If you ever connect to Xero, the Export Invoice option changes to Export Invoice to Xero, and you need to follow different instructions to export invoices in generic or application-specific format.
If you want to export an individual invoice as an Excel, CSV or PDF file, see Print, email or export an invoice.
To export an invoice to another application:
- In the Business menu, select Invoices.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. .
- Select the required tab: Draft, Awaiting Payment or Overdue.
- Drill down on the invoice number of the invoice you wish to export.
- On the Invoice Information screen, select Options > Export Invoice.
- On the Export Invoice screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description File Type The file type to use when exporting the information. Select the required type from the drop-down list. Financial Export Description This information is used on the export if you don't have any other descriptions or account mapping set up on your invoice. Tax Code Zero Rated Code Income Account Cost of Sale Account QuickBooks Interface Item Export Job Description Export Task and Cost Notes Company Name Company Create Time QuickBooks Version MYOB Interface Export Job Number
- Export the invoice.
- Export. The contents of the invoice are exported into the required file format. The outcome of the export (including number of rows exported and any warnings or errors) is reported under the Export Result section at the foot of the screen. If the download was successful, the link: Click to download export file is displayed.
- Click the download link.
- In the Opening invoices dialog, select Open (to view the file – some file types may not be viewable on your computer) or Save (to save it to your computer's Downloads folder).