Comments can be added to job notes Notes can be stored directly against clients, jobs and job tasks, so you no longer have to hunt around for sticky notes or scrap pieces of paper. Everyone who can see the client, the job or the task will be able to see the notes against it, streamlining collaboration within your team. by sending them to the note's email dropbox.
Before you begin
There must be at least one note against the job before you can add any comments In WorkflowMax, comments can be added to job task notes to raise (or answer) questions, or simply to allow staff members to record their ideas or discussions. . For further details, see Add or edit a job or task note manually.
Before you can send an email message to a job note as a comment, you must first determine the email address of the job note's dropbox.
To determine the email address of a job note's dropbox:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- On the Job Manager screen (All tab), drill down on the job number of the job that you wish to add the comment to.
- On the job detail screen, select the Notes tab.
- Review the notes listed, to identify the note that you wish to add a comment to, then do one of the following:
- select the add a comment button, or
- drill down on the name of the note.
- On the note details screen, record the email address of the note's dropbox. The address will be similar to: email@example.com.
Sending a comment by email
To send an email message (and any attached documents) as a comment to a job or task note, you can:
- Send, forward or CC an email (and any attachments, if required) to the note's dropbox address.
- Distribute the dropbox address to other staff so that they can send email to the dropbox.